Thursday, October 3, 2013

You Never Know

So I have something to confess.  My wife and I are singing reality show junkies.  Over the years we have watched, The Sing Off (acapella), American Idol, X-Factor, and the Voice.   Part of the fun is seeing where singers come from followed by their huge opportunity on the big stage.

But more than once, we see a familiar face or are reminded of a story.  That happened earlier this week on The Voice.  Preston Pohl got up to sing.  He talked about touring and recording with a Christian band.  Hmmm...my curiosity had peaked.  I Googled his name and this is what I found.  Remember this band?  Look at the guitar player.


Ok...now listen to him on this week's edition of The Voice



I might be the only one who is not surprised when I see yet another Christian artist performing well.  Many of them have likely been singing and playing in church for a long time.  It is fun to see them on a big stage showcasing their talent.  It sounds like the past couple of years have been tough on Preston and the guys in Story Side B.  One of their members passed away and Preston even gave up music for a year to try and deal with his friend's loss.

This is a big change for him.  Pray that God would continue to lead and guide his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment