Friday, November 1, 2013

What I Have Learned Being A Parent

When my wife and I were expecting our first child, people used to say, don't worry about what you don't know, you'll figure it out.  The truth is, they were right.  When Aiden was an infant, sometimes he would cry :).  I know, your child never cried.  But sometimes Aiden did.  As parents we tried to figure out if he was hungry, hurting, sick, or just wanted to be held.  Somehow, we always figured it out.  

I have also learned how selfish I must have been before I had a child.  Whenever there was a problem, I would think about me.  If I was hungry, I ate.  If I was bored, I found something to do.  I was always first.  After you have a child, it's crazy, but you don't care about eating until your child is full.  You don't care about your own safety unless your child is safe.  

Sure, this bear may not look intimidating now, but you should hear him roar!



Once again, I am humbled by how much our God loves us (1 John 3:1 How Great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God).  Sometimes we think that God is trying to teach us a lesson or at the very least make us wait for what we want.  When in reality, what we eat, our joy, and our safety are most important to Him.  It's not easy to understand, but if you're having trouble, think of what you will do for your own children.  It will make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment