Monday, April 21, 2014

Stop Stewing

As I watch my three-year-old grow up, it refreshing to see how he handles life on a day to day basis.  He does not see it as a series of stressful events to, "make it to the weekend," as I hear so many people say.  Instead, he lives life from one moment to the next.  Now, before you say, "I wish I was young again, life was so easy back then," remember that life isn't as easy as you remember it to be.  You ate what mom and dad gave you, lived by their rules, could not eat chocolate for breakfast, etc.  To a child, those events can be catastrophic...for at least a few minutes.  Then, in some miraculous way, they move on.

You would think by we would have figured out that stressful situations are a fact of life.  But instead so many of us stew about day to day events and hang onto them.  With each day, the burden gets heavier and heavier.  God did not intend for us to live that way.  Everyday I seem to meet with people who are tied up in a ball of stress.  Hopefully this song will help!




No comments:

Post a Comment