Friday, October 17, 2014

Take Your Time

I have conceded that my Grade 1 teacher took me off the big red pencil too early.  I should have stayed with it for another grade and maybe, just maybe my penmanship would have been a little bit better.  

I have heard all of the jokes too.  Are those real words?  Did anyone ever say, you should have been a doctor?  


Every problem can usually be traced back to one thing.  In the case of my penmanship, I think it was impatience.  If I just slowed down and took my time, we might be able to understand my hand-writing.  Yes, I said we, because I can't even understand it most of the time.

I always think of Romans 5:4 when I think of patience.  It says, "And endurance produces character, and character produces hope."  Who knew that eight words could contain so much wisdom.

Take anything in life and apply this verse.  It works every time.
  • Kids are not listening...endurance produces character, and character produces hope
  • Can't find that special someone...endurance produces character, and character produces hope
  • Never get the promotion at work...endurance produces character, and character produces hope
  • Prayers are not being answered...endurance produces character, and character produces hope
Commit Romans 5:4 to memory and think about it often.  The next time we talk about it, your character will have developed greatly and the hope you have will be enormous.
 

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I like you but this bible verse stuff is getting to be too much.

    Can we have a post or two without a trite biblical devotional?

    ReplyDelete