I have always been a fan of the book of James in the Bible. Maybe its because it's short...ha ha. Perhaps it's because it is like a motivational book for life. It provides us with encouragement but reminds us that life will never be easy...and that's a promise.
As I was reading through it again early in the week it jumped off the page as a manual with specific instructions for day to day living. Seriously. Look at chapter 1:
Consider it joy when you face trials
- They will produce perseverance
- They will help to finish the work He started in us
- They will help us mature
- Ask God. He gives generously and finds no fault.
- You must believe. There can be no doubt. Doubt will make you feel like a wave tossed in the sea
- Those who doubt should not think they'll receive anything from God
Wow...just a few verses in and you've got an agenda for the day. Just like a regular day at work, you likely won't get to and perfect everything, but the plan is in place. Go!